Today I´m starting my new section “How to…”.It will be a mix of tutorials and how to make things easier in Second Life.
A few weeks ago the store “The Skin Shop” formerly “The body co” opened a brand new location and for me a new way to demo and purchase skins. So for everyone who is interested in taking a look at this new shopping experience I made this short step by step instruction on how to demo and purchase skins and additional options at “the skin shop”.
First of all: When you enter the sim you will arrive in a white room. Just search for the skin shop on the wall to your left and click on the “visit” sign. After the tp you are in another white room, where you can find all the options to you choose from.
Click on one of the faces and accept the shopping HUD. If you don´t accept it you will not be able to demo the skins nor buy the skins or any additonal options.
The following picture appears:
1. You can choose from up to 36 skin tones, which is in my opinion way too much. So, first choose the color you like.
2. Now choose the eyebrow color you would like to demo.
3. If you are satisfied with the color you can see in the little round picture, press “try me” and close the HUD.(Point 6) You will receive a demo folder with your chosen skin color and the chosen eyebrow color on 3 tattoo layers. Layer 1 is the “EYES” layer with the eyebrows. Tattoo layer 2 and layer 3 are the “FACE” layers. One softer face and one that is more bold. Please wear one of the “FACE” layers first and add the “EYES” layers to see the eyerbrows.
If you like what the demo shows go to the “Deposit” vendor and pay it. You can choose between:
L$ 100, L$ 500, L$ 1000 & L$ 5000. Carefully pay this vendor because it is not possible to withdraw the money again once you paid it. Your balance will be shown in the right corner, if you have activate the shopping HUD again. (Point 5 on the picture)
4. Now go back to the faces vendor, click on it to activate the shopping HUD again. Select the skin color and eyebrows you tried as a demo before (if they are not chosen anymore) and click on “Buy”.
You will receive your tattoo layer for the face in a folder as you received them for the demos.
You are done! :)
I have to say that I really love the “Pussy” skin and I think the idea how to choose different components to create your own skin is good but:
- I don´t want to choose from 36 skin tones. Some of you may say it is a great varity but for me it is just too much and just confuses me.
- I like to choose between different eyebrow colors but I don´t like to have it on another tattoo layer again. I would love to see the eyebrows on one layer- I also don´t need a choice between a soft and a bold head texture, besides there is not a big difference in my opinion.
All in all the skin is gorgeous and that is the reason why I bought it. Make your own experiences and visit “the skin shop” today.
Store destinations can be found here!